Let’s face it life with a toddler can be challenging. Little opinions start to form and the word “no” gets thrown around more than the dinners they reject.
The sweet moments outweigh the perks, like the cuddles and giggles that are shared as a family. There is also another perk that is pretty top notch as well. If your toddler is your oldest or only child then I strongly encourage you to take part in off season traveling!
Remember a month ago when you were browsing the hotels located at your favorite beach and very briefly considered taking out a second mortgage to pay for it? Or when the though of heading to your favorite vacation spot and fighting the crowds made you shudder?
This is your time to shine. This is your time to vacation with fewer crowds. This is your time to save money on your hotel room!
So without further adeu here are 5 vacation spots that are perfect for families with toddlers this time of the year!
- Your favorite beach! If you haven’t been to the beach yet with your toddler it is magical. For my children they were ( and still are) enamored with the sand. It is a giant sand box where there imaginations can run wild! If you need help picking a beach you can click here and here to check out just a few of our posts.
- Disney World- If you are itching to take a trip to see the mouse then this is the time to do it. The tickets aren’t any cheaper this time of the year. The savings come on the lodging portion of the trip, if you choose to stay on the property in one of the Disney owned resorts. Historically the rates are 30% lower this time of the year.
- Head to a Dude Ranch (see this post). The rates are much much lower, there aren’t as many (or any) bigger kids there and your toddler can go at their own pace. The only thing to keep in mind is that as winter approaches the activities start to lessen and some close for the season.
- Go West! In the fall things cool off, so the extreme heat of Arizona isn’t as extreme! There are some amazing National Parks that are begging to be enjoyed. Like the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Arches National Park just to name a few!
- Great Wolf Lodge- is a great place for kids of all ages. When the big kids go back to school it is your little one’s time to shine. There are many locations around the U.S so chances are there is one not very far from you. Here is a post about our recent stay at GWL.
No matter where you end up the time with your little one is time well spent!