Last updated on June 18th, 2016 at 01:39 pm
You don’t need to take off to Paris or Rome for a romantic Valentine’s Day of epic proportions. If you are looking to getaway within the U.S. this year, consider some of our romantic picks.
- New York City, NY – New York makes our list if for no other reason than it’s the largest U.S. city, which means there is so much to do! Whether you are looking for leisurely strolls through one of their many museums, shopping, or a Broadway show you can find it in New York. Of course it can definitely be cold, it is after all New York in February! Bundle up and take a horse and carriage ride through Central Park and catch the snowflakes on your tongue or put on some ice skates and fall in love with New York!
- Savannah, GA – Talk about Southern hospitality at its best, love is definitely in the air in Savannah. Savannah has some of the quaintest bed and breakfasts in the country. Down town offers fabulous dining, history, and photo ops. Stroll around the grounds of some of the most famous and beautiful cemeteries in the south and learn about Savannah’s rich history and culture.
- Charleston, SC – Charleston also has a lot of civil war history and a fabulous restaurant scene. One restaurant, McCrady’s, has been there for over 200 years and once served George Washington a 30-course dinner. Charlestown is another great town for a horse and carriage ride through the historic district, or get a car and drive around the city checking out the historic homes in the gorgeous pastels of a town on the ocean.
- San Francisco, CA – San Francisco is another seaside town with an amazing restaurant scene. Seeing as how San Francisco is not too far from the Napa and Sonoma valleys they have amazing wine selections.
- New Orleans, LA – Looking for some great live music and some amazing creole cooking? Take a weekend getaway to New Orleans and lodge in one of their southern B&B’s or an upscale hotel. The French Quarter has everything you need for a night on the town.
- Las Vegas, NV – What’s romantic about Las Vegas? Well the lights for starters, it’s the city that never sleeps! You won’t find a better selection of upscale hotels around the best part is that there aren’t a lot of kids running around Vegas. Even if you aren’t a gambler, there’s plenty to do with all the shows, restaurants, and hotel hopping.
- Providence, RI – Obviously it’s a pretty cold place to hang out in Februray, but don’t let that stop you from putting it on your list of romantic getaway locations for this summer. Providence’s redeveloped waterways and canals will make you think you’re in Venice—complete with gondolas on the gorgeous Providence River. Waterplace Park’s cobblestoned streets and arched bridges offer the perfect place for a romantic stroll and dinner.
- Aspen, CO – Want to just stop fighting Februray and embrace winter as a time to cuddle for warmth? Why not do that in Aspen? It’s where the Hollywood celebrities go to play in the snow and so can you. The resorts in Aspen are first class and so is the snow skiing. After a day on the slopes the resorts have amazing spas and restaurants so you can hunker down and relax without leaving the property.
- San Antonio, TX – From the River Walk and San Antonio Botanical Garden to Market Square and Enchanted Springs Ranch you will find it easy to keep love alive in Texas. From theme parks to romantic, quiet dinners, you’ll find it in San Antonio.
- Grand Canyon – The Grand Canyon, as one of the natural wonders of the world, is unarguably breathtaking and who better to enjoy it with, than the love of your life? It’s beauty, local attractions, and nearby resorts make it the perfect romantic getaway.