When someone mentions Orlando many will shriek “Oooooh! I love Disney World!” Others will shutter at the mere thought of those crowded amusement parks. For those people, we have good news that the Disney lovers might find shocking. Here it is: There’s more to Orlando than Disney World. In fact, there is enough in the Orlando area to keep you busy without having to even set foot on Disney Property.
Here is a list of 10 Things to do Near Orlando that doesn’t include amusement parks.
- Gatorland is known as the “Alligator Capital of the World” and features thousands of alligators and crocodiles, as well as snakes and other animals that aren’t quite as intimating.
- Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament is a family dinner theater featuring staged medieval-style games, sword-fighting, and jousting. There are also several other dinner shows in the Orlando area that appeal to all different ages.
- Discovery Cove is technically considered an amusement park, but it more rest and relaxation that the traditional amusement park. Discovery Cove’s main attraction is swimming with dolphins and other animal encounters, as well as a relaxing beach, great food, and snorkeling
- All Hitched Up in St. Cloud offers the opportunity to discover central Florida on horseback. One of the most fun packages they offer is the Adventure Trail “Splash Ride” which provides great photo ops when you take the horses into the water.
- Revolution Off-Road Experience in nearby Clermont, FL is a 230-acre recreational area offering ATVs, archery, shooting, fishing and more. The most attractive family attraction is the “Revolution Mucky Duck,” an 8 wheeled amphibious vehicle.It has the ability to drive over all types of terrains and you can float across the water too!
- BK Adventure offers kayaking eco-tours. Their most fascinating tours are the Bioluminescence kayaking tour where you can take in the glowing jellies in the dark water, the dolphin & manatee tour and the monkey tour. We had no idea that Florida had wild monkeys!
- Marsh Landing Adventures offers a pristine fleet of airboats with stadium seating which allows passengers a fantastic view of the swamp wildlife.
- Zip Orlando Canopy Tours offers a dynamic, rustic adventure with over 4,500 feet of zip lines and 350 feet of aerial bridges. This adventure is appropriate for all ages between 70 and 270 pounds.
- Wild Florida’s Gator Park gives visitors the opportunity to watch, touch and even feed some of Florida’s native land-dwelling animals, as well as various species of tropical birds. Explore our amazing park full of zebras, turkey, watusi, zedonk, deer, turkey, bobcats, sloths, monster alligators, and much more!
- Green Meadows Petting Farm lets children milk cows, feed animals, take a hay ride, tour the farm on our big train and more!
Have you been to any of these attractions in Orlando? Which one is your favorite? Which one do you want to try?