Last updated on October 30th, 2016 at 11:23 am
So you finally did it. You decided to pull the trigger and book a trip to the happiest place on earth, Walt Disney World! For some, it may seem like the work is just beginning when the decision is made to book a trip to Disney.
Now the hard part happens, making all the decisions. One, for example, is where in the heck do I stay?! There are currently 25 (!) resorts to choose from, that decision is a big one!
Can I make a suggestion?
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
If you think that the Boardwalk in looks a bit like Atlantic City, you’d be right, in fact, it was modeled after the feel of turn of the century Atlantic City.
The design isn’t the only reason that you should consider staying there.
Here are 7 Reasons we think you should give it some consideration!
7. The Boardwalk Inn truly lives up to it’s name. The ‘boardwalk’ area has shops and restaurants giving the area an authentic beachy boardwalk feel. With spots like JellyRolls (the piano bar) and Boardwalk Joe’s (with fantastic margaritas) you might just think that you have died and gone to, well Atlantic city.
6. The pool is totally awesome…if you aren’t afraid of clowns! The pool’s waterslide literally winds you around and spits your out of a giant ‘clown’s’ mouth. Personally I am terrified of clowns, but I can appreciate the appeal of such a unique waterslide!
5. Epcot is within walking distance from the Boardwalk Inn, so if you NEED another Dole Whip before you hit the hay (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?!) You can grab your park hopper pass and bibbity boppity over and grab one. Plus, since you are walking to get it, the calories don’t count, right?!
4. If you book through the website Vacatia.com, you can get a villa option at the resort, at a steal of a price! The bonus option is that with a villa you have a full kitchen (hello cheaper food cost!), and a washer and dryer in the unit. Let me tell you, if I have the option to do get your dirty laundry clean before you go back home, it is worth it, the laundry hangover after a vacation is brutal.
3. The resort is accessible by boat, which is a fantastic perk. The boats from the Boardwalk Inn take guests to either Epcot or Hollywood Studios. The other parks have bus service to and from the resort.
2. Finding food on the property isn’t a problem. There are 3 quick service restaurants on the property and 4 table service restaurants. So, no matter the dining plan you have (if you have one), finding food after a long day at the parks was a must for my family.
1. There is a pin station on property that will please the pin lover in your family. As, in trading pins. My youngest is a serious trader, and took his time trading just the right pins with the cast members at Disney.
No matter which resort you find yourself staying in during your trip, you are sure to have a great time, so long as you are with the ones that you love.